Monday, September 27, 2010

Yes, its time for STREAKING!

Well, no, I am not running naked...not yet as least. However, I decided today to start a "run streak." A run streak is defined by the United States Running Streak Association, Inc. :

run at least one continuous mile within each calendar day under one's own body power (without the utilization of any type of health or mechanical aid other than prosthetic devices).

Running under one's own body power can occur on either the roads, a track, over hill and dale, or on a treadmill. Running cannot occur through the use of canes, crutches or banisters, or reliance on pools or aquatic devices to create artificial buoyancy.


I guess every runner has reasons to start a streak. I have many reasons, and don't want to elaborate all of them in this post, but primarily the streak is that of wanting to do it...its not going to be my sole focus and its not something that is going to control me, but its something I'd like to give a try. Second, I believe it will give me some motivation in assisting me in logging runs, something I am not the best at, even though I have the equipment to record my runs. I also would like to employ more social networking and fully utilize dailymile, since dailymile is a great place where runners can share their stories, workouts, etc.

My run streak today is going to start with 3 easy miles, since I am officially going to recover from the 50k after a weeks rest, basking in PR glory (I still am), and, even though I ran a 10k yesterday. I guess you could say the streak started on 9-26-2010.

We're going streaking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for streaking! :-) I might just have to join you on this. I can handle at least a mile a day.

    ReplyDelete