Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011

Hello..Happy New Year!

It has been several months since my last post. I've been running, busy with work and family and resting, and eating. Obviously, not blogging, but, I intend to change that right now! Thank goodness, no competitive eating, but, eating more than I should be given the level of my activity.

I'm training for a few events right now, the Pittsburgh Marathon (it will be a training run for Laurel Ultra), and Laurel Ultra, and I am considering a few events as training runs before both of these events (Pittsburgh is May 15 and Laurel is June 11)

I am training about an average of 9 hours a week and that amount of training will begin to gradually increase so that I am building up mileage towards running Laurel. Laurel is my A race for the year. Anything less than my goal of finishing will not be acceptable. I underestimated Laurel last year (yes I DNF'd at the final checkpoint - that was quite disappointing to say the least) and I am not going to let that happen again. I've set an aggressive goal to go after at Laurel. As for Pittsburgh, no goal set, but, I would like to have a nice injury free run.

I decided to run Pittsburgh for Team in Training. Inspired by many forces, I decided to make the leap. So far, it has been a very rewarding experience and while cancer does not directly affect my life, it does impact many others that you may or may not know. Unknown to me in the past, I recently learned that the funds raised by TNT assisted someone that I talk to at work on a fairly frequent basis - and those funds saved a life - literally through treatment that they received. They remain cancer free to date. While I realize that the economy might not be in the best of places, I would great appreciate your support if possible

I will be posting interesting life and running stories more often and I look forward to sharing a great running 2011 with you :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment